Integrative Pediatrician's Perspective on Sensory Processing
An Integrative Pediatrician's Perspective on Sensory Processing Issues
Integrative Pediatrician, Dr. Katiraei, who has spent the past 15 years working with children who have neurological disorders such as SPD, ADHD, and ASD, gives a medical perspective on sensory processing issues. You'll learn what Sensory Processing Disorder is, common sensory red flags, the link between ADHD and sensory, why there is likely a physical reason underlying your child's challenging behaviors and, most importantly, that there is hope for your child.
Dr. Katiraei Explains the Underlying Causes of Sensory Processing Issues
In our second interview, Dr. Katiraei discusses five common underlying causes of sensory processing issues. Addressing these issues is the key to helping your child heal at the core, not just symptomatic, level.
The Link Between Energy Metabolism and Sensory Processing Issues
Dr. K is back to discuss a common underlying physical issue in children with sensory processing challenges: low energy metabolism. He estimates that 60 percent of children with sensory processing challenges have an underlying energy metabolism imbalance that is at the root of their struggles. In this interview, Dr. K. explains:
- What energy metabolism is
- Why it's important
- How it is linked to sensory processing
- How to determine whether your child has an error in energy metabolism
- Two simple interventions to increase your child's energy metabolism
The "Domino Effect" of Poor Energy Metabolism
In this interview with Integrative Pediatrician, Dr. Katiraei of Wholistic Kids and Families, you'll learn:
- What energy metabolism is and how it's linked to sensory processing issues
- How errors in energy metabolism create a "domino effect" that impacts a child's gut function, immune system, adrenals and hormones.
- The causes of poor energy metabolism and what you can do to help your child if he has it
- Why so many kids with sensory processing challenges have gut issues
- Simple interventions to improve your child's gut function
- How to tell if your child has an adrenal imbalance and what to do if he does
- About the role cholesterol plays in hormone function
- What to do if YOU (the parent) have adrenal fatigue
- Why so many sensory kids are "tired but wired"
- How to heal your child's physical imbalances that are the root cause of his problematic behaviors and developmental struggles
This is a long one, but it is well worth the listen! Dr. K. is an incredible wealth of knowledge and has generously donated his time to help spread this invaluable information to families so parents can help their children heal.
Children with sensory issues and accompanying behavioral problems are NOT bad kids and your are NOT a bad parent. These sensory kids are physically ailing and often don't have control over how they are acting. Dr. K. wants you to know that there are ways to help your child heal. It's going to be a marathon, not a sprint, but with faith, patience and tenacity, you can help get your child's system back in balance. It's Dr. K's and my mission to help you do just that.
Click Here for a summary of the video.
The Overlooked Issue Affecting Your Child's Development
Dr. K is back to discuss a frequently overlooked issue that dramatically impacts a child's development: Structural Imbalances.
The physical structure of the body is often completely overlooked by the medical community- both western and functional. The physical body- our muscles, bones, fascia, nerves - impacts every aspect of functioning. When a child has a kink, tension or torsion in his cranial nerves, hips, back or neck, his development will be significantly impacted. Structural issues most commonly stem from birth trauma and are implicated in sensory issues, feeding issues, sleep issues and difficulty self-regulating.
In the interview, you'll learn:
- What a structural imbalance is
- How to know if your child has one
- The common developmental pattern indicative of structural issues
- The link between structural issues and sensory processing and self-regulation issues
- What to do if your child has a structural imbalance
- The importance of the vagus nerve
- What an Osteopath does and how one can potentially help your child
- How to find a pediatric Osteopath in your area who specializes in treating structural imbalances
CLICK HERE to take a quiz to help you determine if your child has an underlying structural imbalance.